Friday, April 4, 2008

Am I missing something?

About 2 weeks ago while listening to an afternoon radio talk show, my attention was caught by one of those cliff-hanger tease lines they throw you, so you'll be sure to stick around for the news:

An Oregon man claims he is 6 months pregnant!

Well, I admit they had my attention. With the scientific advances we've (or they've) made in the last 10 years....could it truly be that they had found a way?

Imagine my disappointment, after sticking around to hear it, that the he was really a she, that had decided to become a he.

And I am NOT making fun of people who decide to change genders...I have much more important things to do than to even approach that subject.

What irritates me is that they are treating this as if it was some scientific breakthrough...when any woman in the world could do the same thing.

Yes, even I could decide to become a man (admittedly hubby would be quite disappointed), have an operation (although not a thorough one; obviously, if there is somewhere for a baby to grow), and then declare to the world " I, a man, am going to have a baby!"

What is astounding about that??? Besides the fact that I would do that...although of course I wouldn't.

And truly it would have totally been lost to the graveyard of my memory except that they keep repeating it over and over and over...in between the reports of Hillary coming to town.

And then they say that Oprah had him on her show today???

Is there nothing newsworthy going on in this world? Or am I truly missing something?

10 comments:

Nikki said...

I heard that on the news last night, too, and I thought it was ridiculous. I was going to blog about it today (but forgot!), but now I will just send people your way.

MyKidsMom said...

Send them! Send them! Send them!

We can work out some kind of kickback for you...and please overlook my shameless push for referrals to my new blog:)

Nikki said...

I will be glad to take 30% of your proceeds!

MyKidsMom said...

30%? Something tells me you've done this before...LoL.

kerri @ gladoil said...

Oh my. Did you hear what Oprah said? Nauseating to the skies, that woman. Commending her for her bravery and so on. *choke gag*

MyKidsMom said...

No, I hadn't heard that Kerri...but considering the source it doesn't surprise me. I did hear that People magazine did a photo spread on the...couple. But then, they (People) don't have alot of legitimacy with me anyway, their of course after the dollar. CBS.com has an article on this story, and the comments are quite interesting;it would seem many people are seeing this for what it really is...and the rest are those who have an agenda to push.

MyKidsMom said...

Just a little addition to this: I read yesterday that the man/woman of this story stated (I'm guessing to the Big O) that a Doctor warned him that many doctors wouldn't treat him (because of his orientation) and that the baby would be considered an abomination...no agenda there.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am so sorry to be a pain!!!But its easier not having to sign into my account to comment!
I have almost forgotten my password!
I think Oprah featuring this man/woman thing was not in good taste but Oprah is not on my fav list anyway!
I visited Nikkis blog,pretty good reading and she lives in GA!!!
PS:Remind her that she owes you a percentage for my visit!
Frasypoo

Anonymous said...

Blogger is working prperly again so I must have "misspoke"in the words of the great Ms Clinton!!"

Little Natural Cottage said...

Oh my goodness... this is just crazy. WHAT is wrong with our world these days???

~Kristy