Monday, May 5, 2008

If My People

I have been contemplating the present run for the Presidency from many angles lately.

Just ten years ago, I wouldn't have believed that an issue, such as abortion, would be basically a non-issue in a future presidential race.

While I am not writing about the subject of Abortion specifically here, it is a good example of something that we have grown used to. It is no longer an issue that clearly separates the candidates.

But then, four years ago, I would have never dreamed we would even consider electing a candidate that often chooses not to show our countries flag respect.

The terrorist attacks that sent us reeling just a few short years ago, would now seem to be a distant memory to so many Americans. We want the "bad" war to go away, we want a new President who will "fix" everything; and we're willing to take him/her at their word that they'll do it, regardless of whether they have realistic plans of how to do that. Or the qualifications.

I believe we live in a country greatly blessed by God. But sometimes I have to wonder if we're pushing things to the extreme...at what point is enough enough?

I think now may be a very good time to consider the following verse:

" If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chron. 7:14

Hopefully Christians will not put off praying for our country (and this Presidential race) as a last resort when everything else fails. It's the best way to make our voice be heard.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I have now heard both Hillary and Obama say that they will take care of me and my problems. That is not what I want my government to do! That is not in the Constitution! I want to be left alone so I can take care of myself and my own problems, and help others who actually need it!