Monday, November 3, 2008

Standing Strong

This subject is something that has been bothering me for awhile now. And I truly hope I don't offend anyone with my words, that is absolutely not my intention.

I am hearing this phrase "God is in control" more and more from Christians as election day nears. And I have to say that I think with many (not all) it is a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that Obama will most likely win the election.

We all know God is in control. He has been so since Creation, and even before that time.

He was in control during Hitler's time. True, we won the war, and thus were not ruled by that crazy maniac. But horrible, unspeakable crimes were committed against an unbelievable amount of people. ALL while God was in control...

He was also in control while Christians were hiding in the catacombs and being fed to lions, or burned at the stake.

My point is this: If you're a Christian, you already know this statement to be true. If it makes you feel better to voice it, fine. If it drives you to your knees in prayer for our Country, even better.

But don't give up the fight. And that is most definitely what we are in for if Obama gets into office. Even more so if there is a Democrat majority in the House and Senate (very possible).

No, I don't think we'll become like Germany mindlessly following a crazy dictator. But I do think that many of our freedoms will be threatened. And I plan to be ready for that fight.

As Dr.Laura says (and I paraphrase here): Some of the best, kindest people in the world stand by and let evil happen. They are so concerned that they will offend. So afraid that in doing the right thing, they will appear badly to others. (Believe me, she says it much, much more eloquently).

Don't misunderstand me here. I am glad God is in control. And I believe it. But that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the danger I see coming. Or pretend it isn't there.

Or we as Christians may soon find that we need somewhere to hide.

I leave you with a well-known fight phrase: "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

I agree; He's the first one I'd pick to be on my team.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

You updated this blog!!

I agree. It bugs me, too, the way people throw that phrase around in regards to this election. It's almost like they think that, since God is in control, they don't have to do anything.

MyKidsMom said...

I didn't mention it in this post Nikki, but I read last night where they are saying that some people are NOT voting in protest to Obama being elected... does that make sense to you? Doing nothing doesn't fix things.

I almost used the phrase to gird up your arms, but I figured someone would take that as a threat of some kind; it takes so little these days (and I would have meant it figuratively, not gun-wise).

Which reminds me: They have also said (the news that is) that people are buying guns in droves because they are expecting gun laws to be changed when Obama comes into office.

So never fear criminals. You'll still be able to do your home invasions, and drive-by shootings. But I may not be able to defend myself against you. That should help take a bite out of crime.

PS. I have no guns in my home presently, but that's MY choice. And it should stay that way.

Angela said...

You should check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

I found it on another blog I read. Basically, it shows us who exactly will be voting for Obama, and let me tell you....it is not an educated vote!

Great thoughts. It's true that God is in control, but we do still have a job to do in praying for our country and trying to bring others to Christ. Like Nikki says, just because "God is in control" -- that doesn't take the responsibility of our sins away from us.

Brandi said...

Seriously? People aren't voting to protest O. being elected? That just doesn't make sense!

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey you're the one with the political blog. Why is it so silent now that we have a new president? :)

Onward Christian soldiers!!

MyKidsMom said...

I felt compelled to put it on my main blog today. But then you know that after our long conversation:)